An Important Update
An Important Update
Dear Chisuk Emuna Family,
We know there is a lot of concern about the spread of coronavirus and how we can all stay safe and healthy in the coming days. This is obviously of the utmost priority and importance to us as a community, and we are working diligently to stay informed and updated so that we can help keep everyone safe.
We are doing everything we can to be prepared, but not panicked.
1. Please stay home when you're not feeling well, and keep children home from school even at the first signs of a cold. This is especially true if you have a cough or a fever. You could infect others without even knowing it.
2. Be sure to wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water - for at least 20 seconds. We also have ample hand sanitizer in our offices and at services-please use it.
3. Cover your coughs with a tissue, dispose of the tissue, and then wash your hands.
4. Limit physical greetings like hugs, kisses, and handshakes. This will be especially challenging in a community like ours. We will need to work on establishing new cultural norms for now -in which a big smile and wave take the place of an embrace for now.
5. If you haven't already, get the flu vaccination as soon as you can. The flu is still circulating.
6. Avoid touching your face-especially your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated and then touches their eyes, nose, or mouth.
7. Know who your medical provider is and who to call if you think you were exposed to this virus, or to discuss symptoms. Do not flood emergency rooms and/or emergency services.
8. Most importantly, DO NOT PANIC. If the experts advise that we should limit public gatherings or enact other precautions, we will inform you right away.
9. For more information, the CDC website offers in-depth information on how coronavirus spreads, its symptoms, prevention and treatment, testing, and updates - CDC Preventing COVID-19.
Our community is at its strongest when we care for one another in times of need. Please let us know how we can be supportive to you and your loved ones during this challenging time.
We will continue to follow official recommendations and will update you as necessary.
Thank you for your cooperation and wishing you all good health,