We are on the last steps of our feasibility study journey and the Building Committee is hoping to make a recommendation to the Executive Board before Thanksgiving. In the meantime, below is a synopsis of some of the activity that has recently taken place:
(1) A joint meeting was held with the Building Committee and the Executive Committee to receive the results of a feasibility study of the
(2) The Joint Building/Exec Committee voted to explore other possible site options closer to the JCC. Because of the early stages of this investigation, no concrete information is available.
(3) We continue to explore building options for 5th and Division.
(4) We are all well aware that there is a need in the community to reuse, to the best of our ability, some of the existing facilities in the community. We are exploring rebuilding options that would enable us to share some of the JCC existing facilities.
(5) Travelers tendered a check to Chisuk Emuna for amounts that are not in dispute. We continue to work with our public adjuster to negotiate for a higher payment.
(6) We will be receiving the last 4 Torahs that were damaged in the fire. All but one has been restored and can be put back into service. Only one Torah will have to be buried once we settle with Travelers.